Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ha pasado mucho tiempo...

It's been a while since I've written. I've been working a lot -- both as head teacher and English teacher. I am teaching 20 1/2 hours a week and am spending between 10 and 20 hours each week on head teacher related tasks. That doesn't count lesson planning time, travel time to/from classes and the occasional language audit.

Working for only one school is an interesting change from the last academic year, when I taught for 6 different schools. Then I taught 28 hours a week and did a lot more travelling around town. To get to/from one of my classes I had to travel each way for over an hour by metro and bus. Another couple of classes required 30 minute metro rides -- plus the 5 or 10 minute walk it took to/from the metro station. This year all of my classes are centrally located, thank God.

My sink or swim head teacher training has been continuing. Now I am able to do more than just tread water. It'll probably still be a while before I can do something like the backstroke.

All things considered, things are going well and life is good. But I wish I had more time for blogging.

Chao amig@s,

Carloz

No comments: