Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm back -- and the weather's fine -- but a little worrying.

Well, another August has gone by and September begun. It was a nice month -- a little work, a little rest, a little traveling (Ibiza!), a bit of beach time and a lot of sun! Which reminds me, news reports state that this was one of Catalonia's coolest August's on record. It was certainly the coolest I recall -- mostly in the 20s. (That equals 70s and 80s in Fahrenheit.)
.
The reports stated that August 2002 was even a little cooler. However, since that was one of the years I'd left Barcelona and spent in Madrid, I don't recall it being cool. In fact, I'm sure it wasn't cool in Madrid -- I doubt that city is EVER cool in the summer. Which is why they say the weather in Madrid is, "nueve meses de invierno y tres meses de infierno." (Nine months of winter and three months of hell.)
.
Anyway, although the weather's been pleasant in this corner of Spain, it's causing concern here about climate change.
.
Buneo, soon I'll finish part three of "From the seaside to the hillside."
.
Until then, saludos amig@s,
.
Carloz

No comments: